In the past I have written a post about a bug in Picasa (post is in Dutch). The bug was that Picasa changed the timestamp when exporting a RAW file (Canon CR2) to JPEG.
I have tested this issue a few times since my post. Today I checked again. Now it seems to be working!
After the conversion there is still some metadata missing or changed a little bit. But that is not a big issue at all. A correct time is much more important since it is used for sorting in galleries, etc.
- Visolu 1.2.1 for iOS
- Mac OS X Lion Adds Recovery Partition Support [Gallery]
- Is Thunderbolt open deur op de MacBook? – Hardware – Automatisering Gids Technologie pagina’s – Automatisering Gids
- Waarschuwing als iemand in je EPD snuffelt | Webwereld
- Google voert grote wijziging algoritme door | nu.nl/internet | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
- An Update is Available For Your Computer!
- Picasa face detection to Lightroom » Greger’s blog
- Nijmegen geeft raadsleden iPad als bezuiniging
- Computer Idee | Nieuws | Hij ís er: universele lader voor mobiele telefoons
- ‘Genève-conventie’ moet cyberwar beperken | Webwereld
- Facebook-accounts politici gekaapt via open WiFi – Security.NL
- Google halveert build-tijd software | Webwereld
- 5 Veelbelovende open source beveiligingsprojecten | Webwereld
- Canon EOS 600D Adds Flip-Out LCD, Video-Clips
- 50 Mac Essentials #28: Picasa
Picasa is my photo collection management tool by choice. I am very pleased with the face recognition capabilities. My collection still needs Continue reading
Before I switched to my Mac I used a custom button in Picasa to publish pictures to my Gallery 2 site. Installing this on a Mac is little bit more complex…
This is what I did (please read it first, before you try it yourself):
- read the thread about this custom button
- noticed that the Mac version of Picasa is not mentioned at all
- downloading the first zip file and storing it in ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Picasa3/buttons does not work (as a folder, zipped, zipped and renamed to pbz did not work)
- installed the install file in the post from aquanox24 (2008-08-27 08:48): picasa://importbutton/?url=http://efehn.de/files/efehn_de.pbz
- this will install a button that publishes pictures to efehn.de
- Go to the folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Picasa3/buttons
- rename efehn_de.pbz to yoursitename.pbz.zip
- double click the zip file to extract the contents
- open the folder yoursitename.pbz
- open the .pbf file in a text editor
- change all the references to efehn.de into the correct site name
- change the url param into the correct URL. This is a very important step!
- save the file
- remove the original .pbz.zip file
- right click the folder and select Compress “foldername“
- rename the .pbz.zip file to .pbz
- start Picasa
- Voila! your custom uploading button is finished.
Please check all the prerequisites on the site (see the forum thread for relevant links).